<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4233587/?claim=mvq4dkejvzb">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
Hey Babes! Bear with me while I switch everything over to the new domain. Follow me on Social Media to know when I've finished!
I know its been a while but I thought I would come back with something a little fun for the summer.
Every summer I come up with a Summer. Do. List. All the things that I want to do over the summer. Some of them are small like, go out for sushi. Some are bigger, like go scuba diving. Well, I thought it would be fun to issue some sort of Summer instagram challenge.
I thought a little bit about each of these and came to a conclusion. Most Instagram photo challenges are about capturing small moments. All of the items for this challenge have to be intentional, or pure luck to be in the same place.
You have to go out of your way to make these things happen, but most of all, they're helping you create memories this summer. The purpose of this challenge is NOT to capture the small moments. The purpose of this challenge is to get you out while you're having fun and creating memories.
Most of these activities have to be planned.
Having tacos at a new Mexican restaurant that has live mariachi's? Buck up the courage to ask for a sombrero to take a picture with.
If you're one of my babes with anxiety, some of these are meant for you to get out of your head.
25 year old on a coin operated machine outside a grocery store? Are people judging you? Maybe, but are you having fun? THAT'S what matters most.
- The challenge lasts the WHOLE summer.
- If you decide to participate, please use the hash tag #BBGSummerFun
- I want to see your photos and will be tagging mine the same way.
- On a spiral slide
- Wearing a sombrero
- Jumping in the air
- Wearing Mickey Mouse ears
- In a fun house mirror
- Playing mini golf
- In a blow up kiddie pool
- In a ball pit
- Roasting marshmallows around a bonfire
- Doing a handstand
- Flying kites
- In a Jacuzzi
- On an amusement park ride
- Smiley face bacon and eggs breakfast
- With an Elvis impersonator
- Sharing a milkshake
- At the batting cages
- At an ice cream truck
- On a coin operated ride
- Bday at a restaurant with employees singing
- Wrapped in a flag
- Running through sprinklers
- At a giant slot machine
- Wearing novelty sunglasses
- Hitting a piñata
- Drinking coke from a glass bottle with a straw
There you have it. Challenge issued. Will you participate?
Follow me on Instagram @BeachBabesGuide
If you haven't noticed my Instagram account by now, you know that I love to swim. I particularly love to do what I call, "Otter around". Essentially, it's just laying in the pool and floating around, you know, like an otter. But being in chlorine 5 days a week can wreak havoc on your hair so I thought that I'd share some of my pool beauty essentials. Stuff that I figured out I can't live without.
(Just a heads up, the highlighted links are affiliate links. Chosing to buy from those links helps support this site, which I thank you for. )
- OGX Kukui Oil: When you have thick, curly hair you know that every little bit helps when it comes to fighting frizz. Well, as you know chlorine also takes out the moisture from your hair. That's when this bad boy comes into play. This stuff helps lock in moisture and repels humidity so that you don't end up walking around like a tumbleweed with a body. Plus, this stuff smells AMAZING! I wish I could figure out what the fragrance is because I love it!
- Goody TangleFix Brush: I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this in this post, but I have thick, curly hair. Do you know how hard it is to brush my type of hair? If you do, you know about busting hair ties and snapping brush handles just trying to wrangle it, and how much it hurt when your mom was trying to tackle it when you were little. If you don't, well, it's a thing. It happens. If I don't detangle my hair during my after swim shower, well, let's just say it's not hard for me to achieve the deadlock look but this baby is contoured to fit right into your hand and doesn't hurt so *BAM*.
- OGX Sea Mineral & Moisture (Conditioner): I'll just tell you right now that I barely shampoo my hair. Honestly, I do it like every two weeks, but I condition my hair every day, which means that I go through HUGE amounts and I've tried practically most of the brands out there but I'm really finding that OGX works for me. Just like the Kukui Oil, this stuff smells amazing but can't figure out what the fragrance is. I'm finding this leaves my hair silky smooth. Not completely smooth but as smooth as a 2B girl can get.
- Wet N Wild Mega Length WaterProof Mascara: Look, just because I'm in the pool 5 days out of the week doesn't mean that I don't want to look pretty, and for a little over $5, I'm not complaining because this stuff works!
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion: Looks guys, swimming is a full body exercise so more than likely you're going to lose weight, unless you're pretty slim to begin with. I'm not, so I've lost weight, some of it pretty drastically. Stretch marks are inevitable and I have them on the inside of my thighs and some around my waist. This helps reduce the looks of those stretch marks by using vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter, and Bio C-Elaste.
- Wet N Wild H20Proof Liquid Eyeliner: So apparently when Wet N Wild says H2OProof, they mean it. I tried a little experiment to see how long this would stay on. I learned that if I didn't take it off, it would stay on for three days. THREE DAYS, PEOPLE!!!! Even then when I did finally decide to take it off, there was some serious rubbing going on trying to get it to come off.
So there you have it, my pool beauty essentials. Do you do a lot of swimming? If you do, what are some of your beauty essentials? Let me know down in the comments.
So as most of you know, (because honestly I've been talking about it for a while) I've been trying to rebrand this blog. For a long time, nothing was happening on the back end because I was trying to figure out which direction I wanted to go in, but now I've figured that out and I'm good to go.
So I just wanted to give you an update as far as how things are going over here.
I had been trying to figure out a name to go with the rebrand and I finally came up with one. I finally settled on 'The Catch'. It had a double meaning for me. In swimming, there's part of your hand technique called the same thing. The catch is the point when a swimmer's hand connects with the water and starts to pull. The second meaning being that if you wanted to fully enjoy life and not merely survive, there was a catch, you had to choose to fully enjoy life. Double meaning, Bam!
So I bought a domain.
Then I saw a bus stop ad for a new TV show called 'The Catch'. I did some searching and found that it was the name of Shonda Rhimes' new show. Mind you, the only TV I watch 'The Amazing Race' on Friday nights. Literally, I don't have to change the channel to the TV during the entire week because it's on the same channel all the time. I'll be the first to admit that I'm stubborn and always want my way, but sometimes I know well enough to know when to leave things alone. So I decided against going with that name.
So then for a while I was just defeated and was gonna go with Bam, Sucka! I say it all the time when I've finished something that I was doing. Even bought the domain for it. Bam, Sucka! Thought you'd be able to use it? Nope! Ha!
I had other parts of my branding down. The way I wanted people to feel after leaving or just getting to my blog. I wanted them to feel happy, inspired, and excited. So I looked up color psychology and found the appropriate colors. Turns out it's petty much the same colors that I use now, so not much of a difference is going to change there.
I kept doing some more research and I finally came upon a name that I really love. I've been changing things account wise and next I'll be changing social media handles so if you see them, don't worry it's just me. I want to say that I'll be going into more of a niche but really I'm not. I'll basically still be blogging about the same topics so it'll still be a general lifestyle blog, just with a little more direction and branding.
So I guess that's about it for now. I'm so happy that I have this down now and can start moving other things forward. I'll keep you updated as things progress though, for sure!
You really have no idea how happy I am about this!