If you haven't noticed my Instagram account by now, you know that I love to swim. I particularly love to do what I call, "Otter around". Essentially, it's just laying in the pool and floating around, you know, like an otter. But being in chlorine 5 days a week can wreak havoc on your hair so I thought that I'd share some of my pool beauty essentials. Stuff that I figured out I can't live without.
(Just a heads up, the highlighted links are affiliate links. Chosing to buy from those links helps support this site, which I thank you for. )
- OGX Kukui Oil: When you have thick, curly hair you know that every little bit helps when it comes to fighting frizz. Well, as you know chlorine also takes out the moisture from your hair. That's when this bad boy comes into play. This stuff helps lock in moisture and repels humidity so that you don't end up walking around like a tumbleweed with a body. Plus, this stuff smells AMAZING! I wish I could figure out what the fragrance is because I love it!
- Goody TangleFix Brush: I don't know how many times I'm going to have to say this in this post, but I have thick, curly hair. Do you know how hard it is to brush my type of hair? If you do, you know about busting hair ties and snapping brush handles just trying to wrangle it, and how much it hurt when your mom was trying to tackle it when you were little. If you don't, well, it's a thing. It happens. If I don't detangle my hair during my after swim shower, well, let's just say it's not hard for me to achieve the deadlock look but this baby is contoured to fit right into your hand and doesn't hurt so *BAM*.
- OGX Sea Mineral & Moisture (Conditioner): I'll just tell you right now that I barely shampoo my hair. Honestly, I do it like every two weeks, but I condition my hair every day, which means that I go through HUGE amounts and I've tried practically most of the brands out there but I'm really finding that OGX works for me. Just like the Kukui Oil, this stuff smells amazing but can't figure out what the fragrance is. I'm finding this leaves my hair silky smooth. Not completely smooth but as smooth as a 2B girl can get.
- Wet N Wild Mega Length WaterProof Mascara: Look, just because I'm in the pool 5 days out of the week doesn't mean that I don't want to look pretty, and for a little over $5, I'm not complaining because this stuff works!
- Palmer's Cocoa Butter Lotion: Looks guys, swimming is a full body exercise so more than likely you're going to lose weight, unless you're pretty slim to begin with. I'm not, so I've lost weight, some of it pretty drastically. Stretch marks are inevitable and I have them on the inside of my thighs and some around my waist. This helps reduce the looks of those stretch marks by using vitamin E, cocoa butter, shea butter, and Bio C-Elaste.
- Wet N Wild H20Proof Liquid Eyeliner: So apparently when Wet N Wild says H2OProof, they mean it. I tried a little experiment to see how long this would stay on. I learned that if I didn't take it off, it would stay on for three days. THREE DAYS, PEOPLE!!!! Even then when I did finally decide to take it off, there was some serious rubbing going on trying to get it to come off.
So there you have it, my pool beauty essentials. Do you do a lot of swimming? If you do, what are some of your beauty essentials? Let me know down in the comments.